Deer pair | Tribal Handicraft | Home décor | Dhokra Art
- Material: Brass
- Craft: Dhokra Art
- Place: Chattishgarh, India
- Color: Golden Yellow
- Measurements: Length - 7" x Height - 10.4" x Width - 4"
- Product weight: 2000 grams
- Special Attention: Handcrafted Village Craft. Please Allow For Minor Crafting Defects.
- Product Care: Wipe with a clean, damp cloth
Expected Delivery Date Within USA Aug 17th-Aug 29th
Expected Delivery Date Outside USA Aug 29th-Sep 5th
You might also like
Dhokra making process has several steps, which include making clay model, giving designs of bee-wax on dried clay, applying two layers of clay on wax design, and creating channels for molten brass. The model is heated, then the inner layer of beeswax melts and escapes through the channels, consequently creating a space in between. This, therefore, acts as a mold. Hot liquid brass is poured into the mold through the channels. It is allowed to cool until the brass completely solidifies. Then the outer mud layer is broken to obtain a brass model. After some final finishing touches, the exquisite Dhokra art is ready!
- Dhokra Art